FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:01 am
ExpatExp

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by anothertraveler
Just be aware that it can be hard to find a GE appointment. I booked mine for 6 months after I got the conditional approval. There were no appointments available in NY, Boston, San Francisco or Las Vegas for literally 3+ months. Some places I expected to be busy, like San Diego, had availability in a few days, and then big gaps a few weeks later.
A strategy for American friends of mine is to book the first available appointment at the location you desire, and then to show up there when you are free (i.e. at some point in time before the official appointment). For Americans at least, they will usually see you and complete your interview, so long as they aren't too busy. Just say you have an appointment for date X but you were in town today so thought you would stop by and see if they had time. After hearing about this approach, I tried it myself and it worked well.

Edit: I would imagine that this strategy would not work for the embassy location