FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:59 am
krist1an

Programs: SK Diamond, BAEC Silver
Hi,
I have used BAEC for about 10 years now, but contemplating if I would be better off by switching to AA. I've had Gold status with BAEC for 7 of the last ten years. Currently silver. I recently started in a new job which involves a lot of travelling (at least 1 intercon in C-class every 3-4 weeks, plus OSL-LHR/AMS/ZRH about once a week). I have had three intercon in C already this year, have SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*A). I hate the taxes BA imposes on award-tickets, and with the outdated seats in CW I try to avoid BA on the long-haul flights. Will use award tickets for OSL-US/OSL-Asia.

I want to spread out my points between at least two programs, and OW and SA are the alliances where the flights from Norway suits best to the destinations I'll travel to for work.

(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
Good award redemption rates (only C/F), better award access, Emrald status in OW for lounge access.

(2) How many miles do you usually fly each year & in what class? How many flights/sectors?
>50000 miles - >50 flights

(3) What types of fares do you usually buy?
Business

(4) Can you choose your airlines and/or class of service? Do you travel for work and/or pleasure?
I travel for work, and I can choose airline myself.

(5) Which routes and airlines do you fly most often?
Oslo-Europe (about 40 roundtrips per year). Oslo-Asia/US 10-15 roundtrips per year.

(6) What is your home airport?
OSL

(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in OW or other airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
BAEC Silver (250k Avios). SK Diamond (500k miles)

(8) Preferred Airlines? Most common Airlines flown on?
For OW: BA, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, AA

If anyone can give some guidance to what FFP in OW you think I would be best off by choosing, I would love to hear your thoughts.

My first two trips on OW are coming up the next two weeks:
Trip 1: OSL-LHR-PEK (BA) SHA-HKG (CW) HKG-LHR-OSL (BA) - C Class
Trip 2: OSL-HEL (AY) HEL-NRT (JL) HKG-LHR-OSL (BA) - C Class

So I should choose the FFP before Monday.

Last edited by krist1an; Jan 31, 2017 at 3:09 am Reason: Added flights