FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Special Meals in J
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:12 am
Ace71

Programs: BA Executive Club
All passengers on the flight were subject to the same delay... What if your mother's new choice exploited other passenger's right to choose?
I'm 99% sure that some passengers seeked an alternative flight because of a important connection/event, for example a couple originally on our flight was going to a wedding (I can't remember when or where) and didn't wait for the rescheduled flight.
Every passenger has a right to choose but there is always a chance of unavailability because it has "run out" as it was the popular choice or the airline didn't stock enough of the alternative especially if you are one of the passengers to be served/asked last for your meal.

Also what is "reasonable"? Crew had already said if after all other passengers have made their choice and there's other choice left your mother can choose it... How can this be unreasonable?
The crew did not make this offer for the main meal, they offered my mother a extra bread roll.

And, that's not just about cost saving. Assume there's 3 choices on the menu for 42 passengers, you expect CX to load 42 dishes of each choices on board? That's wastage ok?
No I don't but if you or I order a no beef or no seafood meal I'm pretty sure you would expect to be able to choose an alternative meal rather than expect a meal choosen for you by the airline. If you don't eat their choice of meal isn't that wastage?
Also don't most airlines have more food onboard than is needed, we was put on a Qantas connecting flight as we missed our Cathay connecting flight from HKG to BNE, my 1st choice of dessert had run out I was asked to choose 1 or if I like all the other 3 choices of desserts and the selection of cheese?

Attached is the menu for our flight, there is 4 non beef main meals and the pasta meal is marked vegetarian. So unless the other 3 meals had beef product included as an ingrediant then Cathay did not have to prepare/provide an non beef/special meal.

Plus, if you are so care about your mother's right to choose meal, why not you take that choice for your mother and pass the right to choose meal to your mother?
I was asked/served 1st, so I couldn't pass the right to choose to my mother and she did not want to eat what I chose (stir fried pork).
Attached Images  

Last edited by Ace71; Jan 30, 2017 at 10:31 am