FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Sydney {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:34 am
ozztraveller

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by mingzie
parking is available on public holidays for very cheap through pre-booking. It is also available at other spots and a short walk. Points are a bad spend for this hotel, especially when it's full.

you can't expect a complimentary upgrade around xmas period with Amex offer unless you're the top member as hotel is 99% occupancy.

lounge bar might have a line but only ever had to wait couple mins max. The staff there are very skilled at mixing drinks compared to you doing it yourself. The selection is great.

lounge food is excellent on the same nights you were there. Hot food cycled multiple options (pizza was only one of them on the side) with the mains changing once they ran out and a neverending prawn gate!

also, extremely cheap rate on these dates. Executive lounge staff are also always at the top of their game.
​​​​​​
I think we are staying at different hotels lol.
I think the price has alot to do with it. I try to pay no more than $200 and I am very pleased with the benefits I receive. But if I was to pay $350+ I would hope to receive atleast a relax. room otherwise the value is not there for me.