FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:39 pm
ExpertFlyer Voice
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jgaines
I'm trying to create an alert for QF61 BNE-NRT in January 2018.

Flights in the class I'm interested in are currently available for sale on the QF website through mid January 2018, but my attempts to create flight alerts in EF are all coming back with "The flight details provided do not match any scheduled flight."

Curiously, I can create alerts for dates up to and including December 31, 2017. Any attempt to create an alert on January 1, 2018 or later gets the error message.

Changing the POS to Australia makes no difference.

I think I understand the distinction between a generic "scheduled" flight and one that the airline definitely has loaded inventory for. In this case, the flights are definitely available for sale right now.

The net effect of this is that, while I can periodically check the airline website for the details I'm interested in, I can't use EF to automate this check with an alert. Sort of defeats the purpose of using EF :-).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
There is a bug in the reservation system that returns flight details for this month next year with 2017 instead of 2018 as the year which breaks our verification. They are working to fix it, but in the meantime simply create the alert from the Flight Availability or Award & Upgrade results pages.