FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 28, 2017, 10:52 pm
TravelingChef

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Aeroplan 35k; Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Here now and am blown away. I know folks have strong opinions in both directions on the Andaz Maui, but I personally love it (have been 4x in the last 12 months). I love the Andaz Mayakoba as much as the Andaz Maui and in some respects even more.

We had a lagoon view suite and ended up switching to a beach suite. Both are absolutely stunning both in size and design.

Really like OllaTaco, the casual dining restaurant by the pool. We had poolside tacos there the first day as well as dinner that evening. While the prices may seem "expensive for Mexico," given that I live in San Francisco/NYC, the prices seemed downright fair/reasonable to me. Quality poolside cocktails ran about $11 each.

I'd be VERY curious to see how the whole golf cart setup works during peak season occupancy. Presumably right now they're under 40% occupancy and there have been moments where we had to wait a good bit for one to arrive to take us around the property.

Nonetheless, this property is a homerun and the service has been stellar. Spa was beautiful too. We didn't have treatments. We just did hydrotherapy.

I did a video tour of the lagoon suite and will do one of the Beach Suite as well before we leave. Will post both once I get them uploaded back home.