FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:22 am
bafan

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by trueblu
I do think there has been a degradation of quality compared to about 2 years ago (i.e. within the BS timescale). The new tapas options are the best thing about the current offerings. I've tried the mac and cheese once and thought it was awful, but I'm willing to give it another go given all the plaudits it receives on here. However, the hyperbole is a bit much. Even at its lowest ebb, GF has always been better than GC imo.

No, GF is not Pier F. It's OK. I like the scones, as I've commented before, since it's not something I can eat regularly 'back home' in Beijing.

It is a pity that things have gone downhill somewhat. As a teetotaler, I would much prefer cost savings on the drinks front...but I can see how that would cause a much bigger uproar.

The issue I have with the lounge is that when I eat, I may scoff myself a teeny bit more than if I had to pay for a meal, but not excessively so. I don't understand how people go crazy with the JW Blue or champagne "because it is free". And that is the sort of behaviour that actually costs BA far, far more than having a bit more a decent food offering.

tb
Yes, I think this is the case. I didn't use the GF lounge during the Compass years. But I'm sure things were better in the first year or so of BS. Ok, so they introduced the bowls of gloop, but there was still a wider choice of solid foods on the hot buffet. Now, it seems to be gloop, a pie, or nothing...And the new salad bar is a pale imitation of that from only a year or so ago.