FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options
Old Jan 28, 2017, 5:17 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by trueblu
...The issue I have with the lounge is that when I eat, I may scoff myself a teeny bit more than if I had to pay for a meal, but not excessively so. I don't understand how people go crazy with the JW Blue or champagne "because it is free". And that is the sort of behaviour that actually costs BA far, far more than having a bit more a decent food offering.

tb
You make a very interesting point, and I also note that those who tend to be the most vociferous about how poor BA has become are often those who quickly grab the the mistake fares, wait for ex-EU sales to take long, very cheap and convoluted TP runs to inflate their status as cheaply as is possible. They moan about everything and about how much better the competition is, yet they keep returning to BA for more??? Some of them want to invite complete strangers in to the lounges for a booze and binge-fest and expose BA to even more cost.

I really do wish BA would up the amount of BA metal that must be flown in order to maintain or achieve status - perhaps make it more than 60% of total TPs, that should soon stop the whining here.