FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAN ARGENTINA - domestic tickets bought by visitors
Old Jan 27, 2017, 8:46 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NickB
Well, it looks like the condition of residence that used to be in the fare rules of most fares sold only within Argentina has disappeared from a large number of fares. I was looking at discounted fares between AEP and SLA which, only a few months ago, would have been restricted to residents only and can now be sold to anyone regardless of residence even though they cannot be advertised nor sold out of the country. The Argentinian version of the Aerolinas website suggests that some resident-only fares still exist (VAP21 and TAP28 fares) but many advance purchase discount fares now seem to be available to all as long as you buy them inside Argentina (whether physically or virtually via internet).
One caveat: I have not been through the process of actually buying them yet as I need to finalise some dates first but the fare rules as published through ita no longer contain the residence requirement and the Aerolineas website no longer has the warning about fares not being available to non-resident (except for the VAP21 and TAP28 exceptions). This is good news for us visitors. ^
Thanks for the heads up. I'll certainly appreciate the updates on this.