FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : 'Theoretical Seating' : Blocked seats and status
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:30 pm
hugolover
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MPH1980
It would certainly appear this is how BA are approaching it. Seems a bit of a weird approach given they could have used CIV and had the same effect but given the graduation.
There have been rumours on the M&M board of so-called SEN+ and SEN- and Cessna HONs from "real ones" but having seen LHs system up close I haven't really seen anything like CIV used this way but would be part of the PCV that CWS kindly explained above somewhere. I am not even sure it can be done. You can add a "VIP" designator which seems to make it even more blocked but there probably isn't much point. For an important pax CI can just block the seat properly and it's done and dusted.

I find it all fascinating. By the way even LO are using the system; I tried to seat a Gold next to me but the system wouldn't let me. Took out my FFP and seat unblocked, put it back to test and seat blocked. The contact centre staff had no clue why this was happening until I explained .

We need to pay homage to bmi for this who rolled it out years ago.