FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:59 pm
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Kasupke
You are 100% right. It is a disgrace. Ruining one of the best IC club lounges in Europe ...
...The most alarming thing is: They told me that this (club changes) is not an idea of the IC Berlin but is coming directly from IHG and they are like a "pilot lounge" testing the new concept before it goes live .
OK, it was a perfectly nice lounge with lovely staff, but I never rated it quite as highly as others do. The "bar tables" have relieved some of the spartan aspect of the place, but i didn't find it a particularly welcoming space.

BUT your information about change and pilots chime with what I've heard in other IC hotels. Seems that those who cried so long for consistency are going to get it: but sadly that exercise is always going to focus on lower, more easily agreed, levels. A low bar, indeed.

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Regarding the cokes: At 8.30 I did not even have a chance to open a bottle because everything was taken away. When asking one of the attendants clearing the room she answered that the bar hour was over but she would open that bottle as an exception. In the next 30 minutes they cleared and cleaned the entire lounge room so in all honesty, it was no fun at all sitting there as you got the impression that they were just waiting for you to leave to go home....
I seem to remember Frankfurt had a generous interpretation of lounge operating hours. My last stay was in December and I noticed nothing new: but are things changing there as well?