FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:16 pm
BamaVol
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by tcook052
The Alberta Genuine Draft is pretty good. Not award-winning but a decent deal regardless of the novelty of the can.
Their can is certainly unique. After I posted above, I did a Wikipedia search and found a number of other brewers that bottled using the wide mouth concept. I also remember, although not which brewer, a company selling cans with a wider than normal pull tab which allowed for a healthier swig of beer.

These days, I like to pour my beer from the can into a glass before I drink it and am far less concerned about chugging it quickly than I was at 18.

Unfortunately, this far south, we do not see much beer from Canada beyond Molson, Labatt and Moosehead. However a Canadian friend did send me a bottle of a Quebec microbrew called "Mad Cow" (La Vache Folle, in French of course). Sadly she failed to read the label until she went to ship it. It was a milk stout and I am lactose intolerant so I will have to hand it on to one of my lactose tolerant children.