FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:15 pm
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Hyatt's flagship property for the Americas? I hope NOT although later in the article it says flagship for Grand Hyatt, so this place is expected to dominate Grand Hyatt Rio, Tampa Bay, etc. (but not necessarily ICN, Tokyo, etc.) to me, the entire idea of a mega resort is not at all appealing, but then again someone would need to pay me a lot of money to ever take a cruise on one of the megaships.

BTW, the young CEO (granddaughter of the founder IIRC) of this Chinese (Hong Kong) hotel company recently did a long interview for one of the MNBC/CNBC programs focusing on Asia. I was impressed, especially about her perspective on the Rosewood purchase and retaining their brand.
Yes, I also chuckled at it being named flagship property in the article.

I don't know too much about CFTE; this looks like another way to get assets out of China - or should I say, not denominated in RMB. Since the Bahamas Dollar is pegged at par with the USD, the property is a proxy for USD assets. I've got a very bad feeling about the RMB's future valuation; too many Chinese are buying assets in other countries as a means of moving their wealth out of the country. That was behind the failed Chinese bid for SPG.