FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there a FOR LIFE level on LATAM?
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2017, 4:06 am
jafetzjaim

Programs: LATAM
Originally Posted by matiru95
If there is a for-life level on Latam, it must be for seat kms on Latam. One of my best friends has more than 1.5 M kms on his account (and I don't know how many he has spent) mainly from flights on British Airways credited on Latam and hasn't received any for-life status, special letter, gift or anything. I hope they launch an official for-life status with clear rules!
Absolutely, for life should be based solely on flown Kms and not credit card ones (that was a side comment). LATAM pays a lot of attention (as do others) to how many Kms were actually flown on LATAM itself, so flying BA and crediting all earned Kms to your friend's LATAM acct would not necessarily earn him a special LATAM status. Example (forgetting revenue for a second): 2 ways to become a Black Signature ff. 1 entails flying 210.000Kms per calendar year on LATAM (oneworld flights not considered); the other is 180.000Kms per calendar year on Oneworld with a minimum of 16 Premium class (premium economy or premium business) flights.
So despite both being members of Oneworld, they still have their own separate criteria re the status they are willing to confer on their members...
Totally agree with you they could pleasantly surprise us with a clear FOR LIFE programme.
Rgds