FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:23 pm
CanesLawMarty

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic
Stayed at this property for 5 nights recently and got engaged(!). Booked a Premium Overwater Bungalow, which did indeed have a gorgeous unobstructed view of Mt. Otemanu. Food was OK, not too overpriced, but it got a bit repetitive after 5 nights. Main issue was the service from the concierge, which was appallingly bad given the hotel. Sent no less than 5 e-mails to the concierge at the hotel and got exactly 0 responses. As I was planning on getting engaged I wanted it to be special and wanted to inquire about special dinners, photographer, rose petals etc... Finally had SPG Plat Concierge connect me directly to the hotel via phone and despite being promised an e-mail response detailing what options they had, we got nothing. When we got back, I found out that multiple colleagues from my office tried to contact the hotel to send us flowers, champagne. Guess what? No response. Tried mentioning it to someone at the hotel when we arrived but they were utterly clueless so I dropped it. Property itself is nice, great room, full breakfast buffet as SPG Plat, but the service and lack of communication were inexcusable as far as I'm concerned for a hotel of this caliber that charges $600+ a night.