FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
The blog above mentions that 200 customers have reached that threshold, which I find surprisingly few. M&M HON, which is achieved after reaching a very similar threshold of level miles but only in First and Business Class has 5,000 (!) members. With only 200 they can really do some fancy things.
I think the 200 number is a mistake in this blog. I have heard that 3000 pax were "targeted" by this Ultimate service.

Originally Posted by travelbits
it's discussable whether this is a new level at all or just an additional service offering to TOPT
Platinum Ultimate is not a new tier in FB strictly speaking. The status is still Platinum and you are eventually eligible to additional services with Ultimate. So it comes on top of a platinum or LTPE FB status and you go back to regular Plat/LTPE if you don't maintain your flying pattern.

Originally Posted by bodory
Let's do the math:
- 360,000 level miles in 2 years -> 180,000 level miles in 1 year
- 1 domestic leg in Abonné fare brings 1,000 level miles
- do a NCE-ORY-BES and return once a week 45 weeks a year and you have made half the way

So an IT consultant living in NCE and working for the French Navy in BES to deploy a software can make it

No need for Premiere in FB strategy
You are correct, but when you think about the cost of such tickets, you are a very valuable customer for AF with such a flying pattern, and so you may deserve to be treated very well

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
From own experience during the test phase this works a bit different: in some lounges they prepare a cordoned-off area where they put a couple of drinks and some nibbles on a table. In some outstations they sometimes have a little private room where they set you up with a bottle of champagne and some canapes (had that in BOS once and in one other station, don't remember which, both times flying with family, so it was nice to be set up in the private room).

But take this with a grain of salt, (i) this was the test phase of that PA service, (ii) which we don't have confirmation will be part of Ultimate, even if it sounds like it.
I understand from your posts that you were part of the test phase of this Ultimate status ? Because I know for sure there was a test period in 2016 with a sample of eligible customers. The service was supposed to be launched in sept 2016. I don't know if it was really done at that date or if it's launched only now.
So if you were part of the test phase, can you share information with us ?