FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:18 am
anothertraveler

Programs: Amex Platinum, HH Gold, National Executive Elite, SPG Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz Pres Cir
Originally Posted by TangoFive
Thanks - fingers crossed, otherwise I'll have to plan my trip to Washington around when I can get a US GE interview. I heard you've got 30 days to book an interview, but I'm assuming you can just reschedule this.
IIRC, you get 90 days (unless they've changed it).

Yes, you can re-schedule as many times as you want. I shifted my appointment around several times, and it was done instantly online.

My interview was 6+ months ahead of the time I got the conditional approval.

I scheduled mine to be 2 days after I got there. Just nipped back to the airport for the interview, and carried on with my trip afterwards. The agent asked if I was 'coming or going' (I assume most people schedule theirs for landing or arrival); I said neither-- I was staying another 8 weeks. It doesn't make any difference, so just plan it to be convenient for your trip.

The nice thing about it is that you get the approval immediately, and can start using it right away. I took several domestic flights with Virgin America, and the TSA Pre-check was enabled, which was nice!