FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Air Fryer - Experiences, Questions, Recipes" thread
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:38 pm
jmsnyc

I was looking for a place to discuss my consideration in buying an air fryer and who would have guessed flyertalk.

I currently own a countertop Oster Convection/Toaster oven. It is quite large and I use it for almost everything. I usually use parchment paper quite often as well to prevent food from sticking to foil and it works great. Parchment paper is quite wide, so to be frugal and avoid waste I usually rip it in half

Now I am trying to avoid having too many gadgets that would go to waste. I avoided buying the Foreman grill for quite awhile despite its popularity when it first came out. But everyone raved and loved it so I had to get one. As I guessed, I used it once or twice and then never used it again... I bought an egg poacher pan which I love but recently I got sick of that too, that I will probably go back to and the advantage is that it is not really an appliance but rather a pot with inserts.

Now from what I am reading an air fryer is really a convection fan with two fans so I am wondering if food would taste that much different from using my Oster to warrant another clunky appliance in my kitchern....