FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:18 pm
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by usafltg
Hmmm I guess i'm confused as to what this "double connection is all about". I pretty much "never" use miles to go anywhere, because in order to to requal for EXP every year, I pretty much have to be on all paid tickets. I'm sure I can get him on one AWARD from ORD-LHR direct on AA Metal. But the only OneWorld Carrier that serves KBP is BA. So how do I get him out of LHR to KBP without having to pay ridiculous fees and costs?

I'm not really sure what "remembering that connections of up to 24 hours are permitted" really means.

Would it be possible to provide me a couple of examples of how I might go about this? Again... I'm trying to help a friend out here as best as I can.
For example, if you can find SAAver space on AA metal into LHR (either on a nonstop flight or connecting flights) getting in at, say, 10:00 am, and there is award space from LHR to KBP the following morning at, say, 9:45 am on BA, that should be bookable as a single award at the SAAver level. Your friend would be responsible for the cost of overnight accommodations in London.

I suspect that the tough part will be finding AA metal into LHR at the SAAver level, however.