FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Skipping Segment, Hidden City / Point Beyond / Throw Away Ticketing (master thd)
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:58 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
A friend and his girlfriend (no FF status with AA) have booked a RT NYC-OMA-NYC (via ORD both directions). He just found out that for business reasons, he needs to stay in ORD for a day more so he wants to skip the final ORD-NYC segment, but his girlfriend would fly as ticketed. The fee to change the return for him is $200 plus fare difference, but he says he can buy a OW ORD-NYC the next day for less than $100.

He asked my advice, ordinarily, I would just say skip the final segment just this one time (he doesn't even have an AA FF flyer number), but he and his girlfriend are on the same rec locator. My guess is that the gate agent would notice his no-show but his companion boarding and come on board as a courtesy and ask where he is. He'd rather not put her is this position. If they were on separate reservations, this would not happen. Is there some way that he could split them into 2 record locators in advance so this would not be an issue?
Sure, just have him call AA and ask to split their reservation into 2 PNRs. He might want to wait and do this after their outbound segments, so they'll still be listed together for that.