FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUP: Which fare bucket(s) determine Y to C GUP availability?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:01 am
Thai-Kiwi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Can use GUP on K/T/Q class - beware some conditions on fares

K/T/Q eligible for GUP, but note to check carefully if the fare has upgrade limitations. Nice to note the response was within 2 working days - pretty good imho.

Dear Mr. Thai-Kiwi,

Please kindly be noted that nomally the economy booked under G/V/W/L are not eligible for GUP.

For K/T/Q on the nomal fare are available for GUP, however some times the are the special fare offered under K/T/Q with no upgrade condition. So, whenever you will purchase K/T/Q fare, you have to aware of the conditions as well.

Thank you and best regards,

K
Gold member service dept.
Royal Orchid Plus

Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2017 9:57
To: ROP Gold Members Service Center
Subject: Eligible fare classes for GUP economy to business

Hi,

can you confirm if economy T and K fare classes are eligible for GUP? I heard verbally they were from friends and the Seoul office, but a colleague in tells me the London THAI office is still saying Q or better if you want to use GUP. So there is some confusion

I note my recently arrived Gold Pack welcome letter states simply the ineligible fare classes are G/V/W/L, so it seems T and K should be OK.

I would be grateful if you could confirm T and K classes are valid for use of GUP.

Kind regards,

Mr Thai-Kiwi