FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with tour Santiago to Valparaiso
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:49 pm
RobertWill

Programs: AA, DL
I just got back from Santiago-> Valpo/Vina area! Spent a week there, rented a car, here are my 2 cents:

Multiple locals warned us about Valpo/Vina saying there was more crime there in high season and to put your big city pants on. Just be aware and as some have pointed out, maybe skip Valpo at night.

We skipped Valpo almost altogether and opted for day trips based out of Concón to Maitencillo, Zapallar and into the mountains from Santiago. The route between Santiago and Valpo is quite short, maybe 1.5 hours tops. We took 68, pretty straight forward with some decent views, nothing breathtaking.

What you could do is take route 5 north and roll the dice on G-16 or Camino a Tiltil, both head towards Villa Alemana and take the longer more mountainous route (come down on route 60 into Vina). This might fit the seeing the countryside and vineyards bill.

I can safely warn you that F-30-E going into Con Con after 2:00 pm is a trafficy hell. They have a roundabout there that just gets overwhelmed in all directions.