FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum (USA) refresh 10.6.2016: Personal 5X airfare; Business $0.02 Pay with Points
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:46 am
cece4

Programs: United Premiere 1K, SW Companion, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by peterrudy
Anyone has a screen shot of the Amex MR points showing 5x for MPX? I am waiting for my November personal platinum MR points to finalize (they are showing as pending for over a month) before posting a screen shot here.

P
I tried twice in Nov/Dec. Neither MPX purchase got 5x points NOR a statement credit (which is what I was hoping for as united is my airline of choice).

I have had the Amex plat for years and years and have never gotten the full 200.00 value of the selected airline credit. As I am United Plat, I have no baggage fees and mostly fly international business so no need for purchasing onboard food/drinks/entertainment. I usually can get maybe 50.00 value out of this benefit a year for my occasional domestic inflight purchases. Really would like to find out how to maximize this!