FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport-managed lounges discontinued for SAS passengers.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:54 am
msportmad

Programs: SAS*D, IC-RA,EM-G
So here is my consideration, SAS or Emirates for my next Manchester to Shanghai in Business class

Both are approx same price £2500 return (Other Star Alliance options too expensive)

Emirates pick me up from home in a Mercedes take me to airport, I have Fast track and get access to the Emirates Lounge with great Hot food, lots of drink options and piece and quiet to get some work done. I get on plane last (Nice Comfortable A380) with on board WIFI and Bar. + Audi A6 transfer at Shanghai to my Hotel.

SAS (Which used to be my regular choice), I make my own way to Airport in dirty Taxi at my cost, arrive at airport to stand in regular 1 hour queue for security, have no lounge access so buy my own drink/food and sit in packed noisy public lounge, get on plane first (or have no space for carry on in flight to CPH) have long layover in packed lounge in CPH with cold food and poor drink options. At Shanghai I have to get my own way to hotel in dirty Taxi at my cost.

SAS removing Fast Trak and Lounge access in Manchester is the final straw, they need to sort themselves out or loose 8-10 long haul Business class flights per year from me!

They need to be improving service for loyal Business travelers to be competitive not making it worse!