FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:11 pm
mipaho

Originally Posted by Linda Marshall
AAARRRGGHHH!! I was thrilled to find 2 business seats flying from LAX to Madrid on Iberia. I patched together segments to get me from PDX to LAX and from MAD to FCO. When I called the AA agent, I was told that the LAX to MAD seats weren't available. NOTHING was available as far as she could see from any of several US cities to several Europe destinations! I explained that the IB flight showed up on AwardNexus AND expertflyer, but she said they must be wrong. I hung up and checked the British Airways site- seats show as available. I called back AA and again, this time a supervisor happened to be who answered the call, but as before, the flights don't show up on their end. I even asked about several other trans-atlantic flights I had seen on AwardNexus, but according to the agent, none were available. Is this an AA agent issue or are the seats really not available? And if that is the case, What is the benfit of using, let alone paying for ExpertFlyer or AwardNexus if the information isn't accurate?
That stinks. I've had issues before with Qantas and ExpertFlyer (which sources its Iberia info from Qantas) showing phantom availability on Iberia, but ba.com is usually much more accurate. I'm not sure what's going on there. Stick with it. It's so much harder to piece together 2 summer TATL business class tickets using AAdvantage miles and OneWorld than it is using Star Alliance carriers or even SkyTeam at this point, but it's possible if you're flexible and patient.