FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - False upgrade at the gate flying TAP
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:53 pm
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tff
Probably unnecessary as a remark, but in actual fact innacurate: for the past year, the responsible for the "organisation" of the airline is a US-Brazilian national.
Please don't misunderstand. I live mostly in Portugal these days and love the Portuguese and their way of life.

However, TAP at LIS really feels like a Portuguese operation with all the organisational "flair" that comes with it. Don't you love parking at an airbridge just to find the terminal entrance blocked off an you have to walk down stairs to a waiting bus. Don't you then love how you can see where the bus needs to drive but it then drives once all around the terminal to get there. Don't you love the priority boarding signs which sometimes point left and sometimes right, but then the gate agents getting confused and ordering people into the wrong lines. Don't you love the gate announcements where the Portuguese and English language versions contradict each other. I could go on and on, and it sounds negative but it still feels warm, friendly and well meant. I'm sure that US-Brazilian has no idea how his airlines home hub really works.