FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA overstepping in Denver [gate searches of flight with women headed to DC march]
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:59 pm
Global321

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I have observed a lot of gate searches by TSA, and a lot by CBP, and some done by both. It's very infrequently the case that people film the TSA or CBP doing all of these search activities at their own flights' gates or even at the flight gates for other people subjected to this. If you haven't noticed, filming people in law enforcement style uniform sometimes gets people hassled or worse.

Flights to D.C. airports getting extra gate screening attention has been going on for years. But it becomes more extensive around big event periods.
Lots of gate searches by TSA in the last few years? I fly 150k - 200k a year and have not seen even one in about 3 years, maybe longer. (I do not fly to or via DC a lot, but in the few times I have, I have not seen one.)

I take you at your word you have seen "a lot" in your experiences. In mine, I have seen none. And if I did, I would snap a picture!