FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific vs Cathay Dragon - safety, reliability, experience, etc?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:36 pm
TanyaHelenaP

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by shd9
Cathay Dragon is an affiliate of Cathay Pacific, pretty much like relationship between American Airlines and American Eagle.

-Yes, it is a good airline. The food on KA is somewhat superior to CX but they are getting close. KA offers the same seating as CX regional on all aircrafts except the A320. Reliability wise because KA flies to mainland China it is somewhat more prone to delays.
-Service is similar. Maybe CX crews are more experienced but I usually find KA crews more cheerful.
-KA has older planes, but they are thoroughly refurbished so you can't really tell their age. CX is maintained by CX while KA is maintained by HAS, a subsidiary of CX, which is similar IMO.

Summary: Go with KA if it fits your schedule better. You can't go wrong too much with a regional flight...
Thank you SHD9.

I ended up getting a CX somehow... seems like the Cathay Pacific website shows flight choices randomly. I wonder if it's a bug on their site..