FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA overstepping in Denver [gate searches of flight with women headed to DC march]
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:24 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Stats can indeed be used to demonstrate violations of laws and legal rights, whether or not the data is able to be used to make everyone comfortable about causal and/or correlation aspects.

Originally Posted by nexttime
You want nefarious intent where none existed. And if we are going to discuss facts, please use the facts to prove me wrong. I offer you a statement from the Airport.

""We had a large group with a large number of bags to be checked and because of a certain item in those bags there was additional screening necessary," said Bill Begley with Hobby Airport.

A spokesman for the airport says the sorority members were apparently given thick booklets at the convention that could be mistaken for explosives when packed into checked bags. The booklets forced TSA officials to hand check most of the luggage."
I would suggest that perhaps the point of chollie's post was missed by some.

What happened in the Sorority matter was clear, but it had nothing to do with something being mistaken for explosives despite the PR machine indicating just that.

Some thick collections of some kind of paper and/or printed material create scan images that look nothing like explosives but need resolving by physical examination due to concerns about what the opaque object is.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 22, 2017 at 4:30 pm