FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA overstepping in Denver [gate searches of flight with women headed to DC march]
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:20 pm
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
There is one report of gate screening and in that case it is said that 80% of the passengers on that one flight were female. TSA will not do a pat down by opposite sex screeners except in limited situations and that wasn't reported to have happened. With 80% of the passengers being female it is very likely that more women were selected on this one flight and that screening could have been no more than an ID and/or bag check.

The point I have been making all along is that there is not enough information from that tweet to determine if it was TSA business as usual or not. I doubt there is anyone on this forum that believes I am a TSA supporter but if we are going to throw stones lets have enough information to make them hurt. TSA is badly flawed and it wouldn't surprise me if this flight was in fact targeted but we need more evidence.
And I agreed with you that there is not enough information, which is why I started my sentence with "IF." I was responding to another poster who didn't seem to understand how statistics could be used to prove violations of the First Amendment.