FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:40 pm
BA6948

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Just got of an American Airlines flight from
LGA to ATL. Everyone in Y got pretzels and soft drinks (including mineral water and coffee or tea). I got a 330cl Coke Zero can. As BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald), they came to my row and proactively offered me the choice of an alcoholoic drink or cocktail. I opted for White Wine. They apologized for not having sandwiches to give me as the plane was originally an E175 of AA Eagle that got substitued by a mainline AA 738. So AA is now so much better than BA and they value Emerald customers from partner airlines.

Never would have thought that BA would be worse than US airlines but it is now. I just got a nunwood survey for my Friday's LHR-BRU. BA will get a maximum of 2 points (out of 10). For the first time, I will recommend my friends and family not to fly BA. And I will not renew my Gold status this year. I have reached Silver thanks to RJ. And I am cancelling my BA Mykonos reward flights and going with Aegean.