FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where are you going next?
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:18 am
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
The Berkeley is about 3 minute walk from The Halkin, as is The Lanesborough. Just down the road is The Bulgari. All 3 I'd pick over The Halkin. I stayed there a few months ago and really, really did not like it, even though I stayed in their top suite. You can do better

For Manchester, I would go with The Lowry. It is the hotel where all the football teams will stay when they are coming to the city and also where the Manchester United football manager, Jose Mourinho, has been living since taking the job, so must have a certain appeal. I've only ever stayed in Manchester on work, so all I've cared about is a good bed, quiet room and edible breakfast and it hits all the spots. You will find often rates < £150/n, so you're not going to feel ripped off.
Originally Posted by Pausanias
Note to self - avoid The Lowry at all costs.

I'm looking forward to four nights at Ceylon Tea Trails in two weeks' time. Much too classy for soccer people.
Perhaps try Berkeley or The Lanesborough as are , as you say , about 3 minute walk , leisurely stroll ? , from The Halkin . ( Not the other dark one )
Or stay at The Caledonian Club ??

Sounds like we should try something out of Manchester if any luxury nearby .

Or make sure no teams are in house while we are there ??

Please report on your Tea Trails