FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:05 pm
kip1124

Originally Posted by pecck
6 1/2 months ago I decided to begin taking advantage of the points and applied and receive both the Sapphire Preferred and United Explorer card. I believe I earned both bonuses the next month. As of an hour ago I cancelled the Explorer card and was going to apply for the Sapphire Reserve card at my local branch to get the 100k but in doing my research I read this -

"Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program. Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing."

If I'm reading this correctly I'm not able to receive the Sapphire Reserve Reward if I still have my Preferred card open. Does this sound correct? If I did cancel the wrong card what would be your expert suggestion on which card to apply for next?

I travel weekly on United if that makes any difference.

Thank you
No, you're fine to apply for the Reserve card. CSP and CSR are considered different products, so you're good to go. There's someone who currently has Freedom, Freedom UL, CSP, and CSR, and received bonus for all of them.