FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Montréal and New Orleans the long way... via Cathay Pacific First Class
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:56 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dat4life
I had the same menu on YVR-JFK in November 2015, I remember it being excellent as well. This is hands down the best North American transcon flight. Anyhow, I look forward to hearing your thoughts about my hometown!
Thanks dat4life. We had a great time in New Orleans, a cool party town.

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Thank you for making me giggle.
Between the Lithuanian plane and the man in the lounge.
Thank you Bretteee.

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Nice to see you back at it again, SFO777!
I had the good fortune to fly First Class aboard Cathay's YVR-JFK flight last February. Like you, I enjoyed a nicely prepared tenderloin though I wish I'd had your mango dessert. My only complaint with that flight is that it's too short. By the time the last of the dinner plates are cleared off, you've only about three hours left in the flight. Fortunately I was connecting to the JFK-HKG flight so I had plenty of time to catch up on my sleep onboard. As nice an airplane as the 777-300 is, I wouldn't mind a bit if Cathay switched to a Constellation or a Stratocruiser in order to give me a bit more time to sleep.
Thanks very much Seat 2A. Agree about the way too short flight, although you can add an hour on the return JFK-YVR flight. But still too short.

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
At least CX are moving to T8 should you ever have to do it again... Been too long since I flew their F - I have a spare weekend in NY coming up and a whole load of miles doing nothing, you may be tipping me over the edge!
Thank you darthlemsip. Didn't realize CX was moving. Do you know the timing for the move?

Originally Posted by offerendum
How classy!
Didn´t mention this 5th freedom so far, nice way to travel this route.
Thanks offerendum.

Originally Posted by UAL250
Just read the latest part on your website, SFO777. Excellent as always. My best guess for that Delta 757 is a charter for a NHL team that was playing the Canadians the night before (or maybe that day and arrived early in the morning like 2-3am).
Thanks very much UAL250. That makes sense. Just checked the schedule and it looks like the Rangers flew in from New York late Friday/early Saturday after their game at the Garden.

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Fun routing, SFO777! I travel to SEA often and would certainly enjoy CX service, but its hard to justify the flight to YVR, and then another from JFK to BOS. I have another DL 737-8 F r/t from BOS to SEA next week and am certainly envious of the CX suite after this TR. But heck, at least its DL and not AA or AS Thanks for the vicarious experience though and for sharing.
Thank you CHOPCHOP767. Agree that its not convenient but every now and then, what the heck.
I had an LAX-YUL nonstop saver but cancelled it for the long way via CX.