FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Apply for E-Channel with FF status
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:09 am
Rami Tamimi

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
UPD:Went to the Wanchai office...(just walk straight all the way to the end of the foot bridge)

The Immigration Tower was very busy,but the e-channel registration office on the 7th floor was empty.

The guy looked at the previous resident visa and then I told him it expired...he was surprised.He asked me if I have 3 entries under Visitor's status,I told him that I did not.He asked me if I have any FF card and I took out my expired BA Silver card and valid RJ Platinum....the guy initially accepted the BA card,but then noticed it was expired. We then started looking thru the FF images in the book and ofcourse did not find the RJ card images.
Arrived in HKG and used the south channel (it's on the right),which has much longer opening hours than the north one (I arrived at 7PM). The office was empty and the guy completed the registation within 5 minutes. I just had to look at the camera,provide fingerprints and sign a statement.

No questions asked about the 3 trips requirement (it's my second trip after resident status expiry),or FFP card.