FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dresden {DEU}
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:51 pm
tda1986

Originally Posted by tda1986
I stayed here about a week ago with my wife. No upgrade as HH Gold, though we were already in an executive room (cheaper than standard with points). The property is fairly mediocre, though the location is great. The elevators could be a long wait, particularly from the executive lounge floor. Also, I was not a fan of the radiator heating. The front desk seemed to be perpetually occupied with a stream of guests, but the concierge was quite helpful in arranging the shipment of a package back home and calling a taxi for us in the morning.
Upon further reflection "mediocre" has too negative a connotation. It would be more correct to state that the property was average for a Hilton. Aside from my personal dislike for radiator heating and the slow elevators (both very minor issues), this is a good property in a central Old Town location for sightseeing.

Unfortunately, my praise of the concierge came too soon. Our package arrived this evening, but it wasn't our item! It appears that the concierge sent us another guest's bottle of wine and presumably sent our wooden candle arch to that guest. Needless to say, we're really disappointed. We were very excited to find a souvenir we really liked in the Christmas markets, but it looks like we're never going to enjoy it. I've contacted Hilton about the problem and will provide an update once this issue has been resolved.