FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Reservations on Lufthansa operated flights when booked through United [merged]
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:57 pm
euslaner

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by Bouncer
I am glad you were able to get the problem resolved, however, this is a systemic issue affecting many travelers and most of us do not have access to your resources. Lufthansa should consider the value on return for making seat selection on codeshares easier to accomplish. At the end of the day the more we can do ourselves, the less support personnel are needed. This reduces costs. It also makes us more likely to select Lufthansa for future flights, this increases revenue.

If you see that I have some sort of seat, let me select one myself and/or pay for a better one. A last name and Lufthansa record locator should be really all that is ever required to access the booking info.

Regards,
-Bouncer-
Several days after the issue was resolved through email, I received a phone call (today) from an executive at the NY HQ of LH making sure that everything had been resolved to my satisfaction. Very nice and very helpful. So going to the top worked for me.