FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good summary of AS Mileage Plan for VX folks.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:20 pm
Visconti

Originally Posted by socalgecko
Interesting. I know that currently it's possible to store more than one FF# in a VX itinerary, so if you're logged into to the VX site when you book they're probably still associating the trip with your Elevate account regardless of what you enter in the FF# field. I'd also be (pleasantly) surprised if they let you switch your FF# after checking in and keep the better seat. Most airlines have policy of stripping away any upgrades/benefits that don't apply when you do that.
Inputting both VX & AS FF#s on my itinerary might do the trick. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to do this next time.

The problem is when I place in my AS FF#, the reservation is no longer automatically recognized on my VX "manage flights" section; though, I can still pull it up manually. I'm curious if by checking in with the latter will still enable the Gold upgrade at T-24.

In the end, it might be best just to fly VX and apply for AS credit post flight.