FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forums for airports UPDATE 24 Feb: Destination forums now show major airports
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:30 am
dj_jay_smith

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Generic FRA questions are quickly moved to the Destinations-Germany forum by the LH M&M forum mods. In fact we have quite a few members who are quick to report 'not LH M&M related, remove it asap!!!'.

The LH forum is stricter about such things compared to other forums, which means that the experience is very mixed and it does not help if you want information on airport xxx.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
... One for Rome/FCO was recently created in the Italy forum by merging a number of existing threads. ....

Sorry to say but I find mega threads to be more difficult. Unless you take to time to read every page, then you can never find what you are looking for.

And while it does mean that all knowledge about a topic might be in a single thread, you tend to get people asking the same questions over and over because they can't find what they want (and a search does not help in many cases).

Plus, often there are times when the thread goes off topic which just adds to the noise and hinders you even more.

This is why I think that a more dedicated forum for specific airports would be better.
Want to know how bad immigration is on a Monday morning at LHR T2 when arriving with airline yyy, then you know which forum to look in or ask your question.
A thread which might have you information in it but which also includes customs, security, interlining, travelling with babies, wheelchairs, left luggage, picking up Amazon parcels (yes I saw such a question in the BA forum!) will make it difficult to find what you want.