FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - is the stay defined by expectations?
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:52 am
Musken

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I think that is a great attitude to have. It would bring you enjoyment anywhere, regardless of whether it is a luxury hotel or not. But I'm not as strong-minded.
I am not sure I would enjoy myself everywhere , I tend to do lot of research and pick the very best hotels. I do not expect all hotels to be able to fulfill my needs.. On the other hand I do travel to "normal" hotels some times, for example when travelling with friends who not luxury hotel junkies. In these instances I do not expect much at all, but have been positively surprised a couple of times, at least when taking costs into consideration as I do not think that there is neccesarily a linear relationship between costs of accommodation and the level of enjoyment I feel. I once took two friends to a very luxury and expensive hotel (George V in Paris) and discovered that one of them was not able to enjoy this the way I do since she was thinking about costs (even though I paid) and did not like to be surrounded by so many people who wanted to offer service, she found it to be over the top. We are all different.