FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting to Railay in June?
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:15 pm
Kristen Gunther

Getting to Railay in June?

Hi all!

I'm currently in the middle of planning a 3 week honeymoon trip to Thailand for this June (excited to take advantage of those shoulder season prices!). For our first week, my fiancé and I really want to stay on Railay Beach. In the low season it's obviously a bit of a challenge to get out there since there are fewer longtails running and the waters can be too choppy for anything smaller than a ferry, so we have been banking on probably needing to buy ferry tickets.

And here lies my confusion -- it appears to me that the Princess Ferry makes a stop on Railay after leaving Ao Nang, but the website is in Thai and I'm leaning on Google translate and that makes me a little nervous as far as making plans. We're pretty good at rolling with the punches as we travel, but the beach is literally our first destination of the honeymoon (first full week of June) so I'm trying to book flights etc. in a way that makes them the least stressful and gets us to Railay with the least amount of hassle.

Does anyone know about the ease or difficulty of traveling to Railay in early June? Should we book ferry tickets in advance, or wait until we arrive in Krabi (or travel from Krabi to Ao Nang and leave from there?). Would it be less of a hassle to fly in and out of Phuket that time of year (there's definitely a direct ferry connection from Phuket)?

Any advice would be AMAZING. Thanks so much for your help!