FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - is the stay defined by expectations?
View Single Post
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:08 pm
s0ssos

Originally Posted by Musken
I think it is about setting the right expectations but also about your mindset. When I go away on holidays - especially to a very expensive hotel, I want to enjoy myself and I believe that the hotel that I stay in, want the same for me. However, I do not expect them to be able to read my mind in terms of knowing exactly what I need and want in order to be able to have an enjoyable stay. Therefore I make sure to communicate my wishes to them - some in advance, some upon arrival and some ad hoc during the stay. If something goes wrong, the mindset part comes into consideration. My mindset is, as said, that I want to enjoy, and I do not want to let mistakes ruin this. Therefore, if something happens, I deal with it immediately to get it out of my mind. This clears my brain for further enjoyment and also gives the hotel the chance to correct the mistakes and improve for the rest of the stay. For me this works most of the time.
I think that is a great attitude to have. It would bring you enjoyment anywhere, regardless of whether it is a luxury hotel or not. But I'm not as strong-minded.