FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forums for airports UPDATE 24 Feb: Destination forums now show major airports
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:19 am
oliver2002
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by lo2e
You do bring up a point that I've kinda thought for a while, which is that a lot of times questions about a specific airport or place end up in the respective Destination forum (which IMO should be where these discussions take place) and then sometimes they end up in a specific airline's forum, such as your example of questions about FRA ending up in the LH forum. I just poked my head into the LH forum and found a non-airline-specific question about traveling with two babies, and a question about airport security at DUS. While I didn't look into any other airline forums, I bet there are other ones that experience non-airline-specific posts similar to these examples.
Generic FRA questions are quickly moved to the Destinations-Germany forum by the LH M&M forum mods. In fact we have quite a few members who are quick to report 'not LH M&M related, remove it asap!!!'.

The baby question is very specific to LH, the DUS security situation maybe not so much.

My point is that the destinations forum is the right home for airport related topics. But if it has a airline (MCT, lounge access etc) or hotel (chain hotels next to LAX/FRA/etc) aspect, then it stays in the respective section.