FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forums for airports UPDATE 24 Feb: Destination forums now show major airports
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:23 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This is just some gentle musing and not meant to take the conversation one way or another. Once upon a time we had forums for airports. Those forums were folded into the destination forums. I think but am not sure that must have been 15 years ago. And I'm not sure why it was done. Regardless, many years have gone by, and it's a good question for today. Is part of the problem that we don't make clear in destination descriptions that airport discussions can be held there?

Carol
Community Director
The airport discussion forums were ghost towns, more so than the broader destination forums that were meant to take over that stuff too and make them less like ghost towns. But even the destination forums on here have been relative ghost towns until a relatively more recent effort to move discussions there in ways that were not so common here before 2015 or 2016.

It seems like FT is trying to migrate away from being what it used to be, and I'm not sure it is going to be as useful for as many when the strength of FT as shown in the travel loyalty program game is going to be harder to recreate in the marketplace when it comes to more general destination info (or other travel stuff) removed from the larger mass of loyalty program afficiandos and where they spend their time on FT.

If I want an answer about LHR, I would expect better and more answers/discussions in the BA forum than in the UK destinations forum. And if there is an effort to "drain the swamp", for example, by moving those LHR discussions from BA forum to the UK forum, I doubt either of those two forums is going to be as useful for me going forward as they have been. I'd say the same is true for LY forum and TLV discussions.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jan 18, 2017 at 2:32 am