FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:36 am
gismo1554

Originally Posted by florens
Yeh, no cash accepted. But I usually donate spare change. ^
True! I tend to do this too but it would be a good use if they aren't giving out anything free but water.

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
AA does not accept cash either, only credit and debit cards. Perversely AA Eagle only accepts cash.
Ah that must be what I was thinking off. Its been awhile since I've flown AA

Originally Posted by :D!
What exactly do you mean by any currency?? The BoB network covers 16 currencies and how would pricing work exactly? If BA accepted cash it would have to be GBP and EUR only. Why is your change wasted unless you are never going back to that country again?
For that exact reason or because I end up loosing it in the house and can't find it next time I go to that country so its wasted. I don't travel all the time to non-Euro countries so therefore may not go back to a country for a year or so and by that time will have lost track of any money I had from previous trip. Easyjet last time I traveled to a non-Euro country allowed you to pay in GBP, EUR or the country denomination at a given rate so the menu listed GBP & EUR then you asked and they told you the exchange rate they have for the local currency. We did this when we went to Prague I think and the rate was rubbish but it got rid of some of the notes we had left.

Out of those 16 countries I doubt they are all different currencies so it probably wouldn't be as much of an issue as you think and you don't have to follow the daily exchange rate you just have a rate that you do it at to ensure you aren't loosing money that's all. Just think it would be a good way to cash in on this process more as I know for me I'd be put off having to pay on a card and be more likely (especially on the way home) to do if I could use some travel currency up. I'm sure there are people who feel the opposite way but this is just my opinion