FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:39 pm
kerrigjl

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Looking for some guidance. My current Chase exposure (with opening dates) and current status:

CSP - opened 1/14/15 (open)
CF - opened 1/11/11 (open)
Hyatt - opened 10/15/15 (open)
IHG - opened 3/11/15 (open)
Marriott - opened 3/14/15 (open)

I also got in on the 100k Amex Plat deal with an open date 5/10/16 (open)

I'm now at 4/24 (well, will be as of 2/1, per the new rules). I plan on doing the in-branch CSR app on that date, then downgrading my CSP to an FU. Come 4/1, I'll be at 3/24. Just curious as to what everyone's thoughts are for what card I should pursue at that point. My initial thoughts are just an Ink Preferred (later potentially downgrade to Ink Cash, after analyzing my spending on it) and staying at 4/24 to allow for WN card applications to get a CP in early 2018, after the Hyatt falls off in October.

However, if an Amex Biz 100k (or higher) bonus with reasonable spend is floated, I may jump on that, instead, which means I'd want to put another Chase card in my portfolio just prior to doing that. Probably just re-apply for the Marriott card, and then after 5/24 is met, cancel/reapply for IHG and Hyatt to earn those bonuses ASAP. Thoughts on pitfalls with this plan?