FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : left SPG Sep 27, '13: Sheraton Firenze Hotel - Florence, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Apr 27, 2004, 9:28 pm
cattle

So here is our schedule:

June 25-29 - Sheraton Roma
June 29-30 - Florence (question below)
June 30-03 - Venice at Westin Regina

We are going to be in Florence for only 1 night on June 29. I am not expecting the "Best Sheraton Ever", just looking for a room for one night on the way to Venice form Rome. The Sheraton is 4k points vs 16k points for either the Grand or Westin. That is a really big point difference and means the difference between having 12k points in my account or the Big Goose Egg. It seems that the hotel is only about 5km (3 miles) from the centre so here are my questions.

1. If we want to stay at the Sheraton is it practical to take taxis if we miss the bus or just want to go on our own schedule? Any ballpark ideas on cost?

2. How far is it to/from the train station compared with the other hotels?

3. I am more interested about locations and transport times more than hotel quality.

4. Is it even worth going to Florence just for one day or should be just do 4 days in Rome and 4 days in Venice?

When in VIE last summer we stayed at a Holiday Inn that took 30 minutes to get downtown but we got a rate of $89 Euro for 2 people vs burring points and didn't regret it. I also don't want to chince out if it means really missing out in Florence given our limited time.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated