FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA flight simulators – worth it?
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:15 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I don't know how much the BA sims are dumbed down for us...
I don't believe they are. I think the way it is set up is exactly the same for the public as it is for the pilots doing training.

Originally Posted by Globaliser
...but for realism they have been in a different league from what's on offer at the Emirates Aviation Experience in North Greenwich.
Originally Posted by signol
Have you thought about the Emirates non-moving simulator at the O2?
http://www.aviation-experience.com/flight-simulators/
I have done the Emirates simulators at the O2 a few times. They are completely at the other end of the scale from a full motion simulator - tbh I think they are overpriced for what they are. They are very much at the "fun" end of simulators. The only things that work on the cockpit are the throttle (inc. reverses), yoke/side stick, rudders, foot brakes, and gear. The primary and navigation displays work but you can't adjust anything on them. They have recently upgraded them so the speedbrake lever and a flaps lever work as well. All the buttons shown are just graphics, there are no working buttons. So basically it does feel like a bit more sophisticated home simulator, kind of FSX but sat in a simplified cockpit. It is not equivalent to a full simulator, and there is no motion.

In terms of levels of simulator I would say there are: