FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forums for airports UPDATE 24 Feb: Destination forums now show major airports
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:55 am
lo2e
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
You do bring up a point that I've kinda thought for a while, which is that a lot of times questions about a specific airport or place end up in the respective Destination forum (which IMO should be where these discussions take place) and then sometimes they end up in a specific airline's forum, such as your example of questions about FRA ending up in the LH forum. I just poked my head into the LH forum and found a non-airline-specific question about traveling with two babies***, and a question about airport security at DUS. While I didn't look into any other airline forums, I bet there are other ones that experience non-airline-specific posts similar to these examples. ***<EDIT TO ADD: The question about traveling with two babies DOES pertain to LH, I was mistaken>

I guess my broad-based questions are - is it clear enough that there are other places one could post non-airline-specific questions on FT and what to do about situations such as the OP described where the question could overlap a couple of (or even several) different forums? I know once in the New England forum I did a mod alert on a post that inquired something about taking transport between JFK and Connecticut and I asked that the post be moved to the NYC forum with a redirect left behind in the New England forum so that visitors to both forums would be able to weigh in. This seemed like a logical solution, but I'm not sure how often this occurs in other places on FT. Food for thought, anyway.

Edit to add: Just realize I didn't really speak on the OP's initial suggestion of creating forums for airports themselves, which since we have "Destination" forums IMO is unnecessary, but just my opinion.

Last edited by lo2e; Jan 18, 2017 at 9:48 am