FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AZ to end AF/KL partnership from january 2017
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:39 am
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Translation (PS : I have to say I don't understand at all the sentences in red, so don't flame me if the translation is unclear )
The sentences in red merely draw the consequences of new AFKL intra-European fares no longer allowing codeshares on AZ-operated services.
For new tickets, it means that AFKL fares will require flights to be on AFKL metal and not AZ. It seems that, for some reason, AF flights were not included in some of these fares (i.e. they allowed KL only) and this will be changed.

For existing tickets, if you change the first sector, the same principles will apply (this is because changes to the first fare component normally requires you to use fares in existence at the time of re-ticketing).

If you change a segment other than the first fare component, you can normally use historical fares (i.e. fares existing when you originally booked your ticket). The text in red applies that here: in that situation, therefore, you can still use AZ-operated codeshares since the fare rules allowed that when you originally booked your ticket.